entriesabout

Friday, April 5, 2013
About Short Story @ 12:49 PM

As a student of Batesville High School, taking my eleventh year of English in Mrs. Gillmore's class, I have been asked to create a short fiction story, making up a character of my own with a main conflict that will lead to the falling action and eventually a resolution.

As I have started creating my fictional story, there has been both easy and difficult aspects to it. The more easier part was creating my character's personality and what she wishes to do throughout my story. I had fun getting to come up with a person all my own and give them all the attributes I wanted to give. It was rewarding to be able to have complete control over what I wanted to happen in my story.

There has also been some difficulties with creating my story. Coming up with the main conflict is one of those difficulties. The reason behind this is that the main conflict is what can make a good story, in my opinion. Without it, there isn't any anticipation or interest. I've had to think harder and longer on creating the main conflict and making it as interesting as possible, without it being too ridiculous, and being able to have falling action afterwards, leading up to a perfect resolution.

My character, Khloe Waters, a sixteen year old girl with a love for animals, has always wanted to help her community's animals, by creating shelter and a loving home, away from abuse. In a way, she is a superhero, although she is just a typical teenage girl. At first sight, you would notice Khloe's height. Her growth spurt hit her all at once, during the summer before ninth grade, and she now stands to be 5'11. Growing up, Khloe was always around animals of all kinds. Her parents were involved with the organization called ASPCA, or The American Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals

I hope to create a story I'm proud of, something that can grab a reader's attention and maybe even make them want to be more involved with preventing animal abuse, just like my character, Khloe.